Smarthome The basic book for your DIY Smarthome
With modern microcontroller modules it has become easy to collect measured values with sensors and to execute actions with actuators.
This book shows with numerous examples how this can be achieved. From simple data acquisition to automatic plant watering to a MQTT supported smarthome control center, a wide spectrum is covered.
The projects and the components used are explained in detail. A beginner can easily replicate the examples or, with a little programming knowledge, adapt them to their own needs.
Advanced users can use the projects as inspiration for their own further development.
In addition to a detailed reference at the end of the book, all the programs described, as well as STL files for making housings on the 3D printer, can be downloaded.
- Using and programming the ESP8266 and ESP32 microcontroller in the Arduino IDE
- Using sensors to measure environmental factors
- Use of actuators like relays and servos
- Explanation of bus systems I2C and SPI
- Basic introduction to HTML and CSS
- Simple web server with microcontroller
- Explanation and use of MQTT
- Construction of an own MQTT broker
- Diverse background knowledge through detailed description of components and programming basics
- Simple, easy to understand, illustrated explanations of the used bus systems
- Deepening of theory through practical examples
- Practical projects such as recording environmental parameters, automatic plant watering and controlling a valve with a servo serve as a template for your own ideas.
- Smarthome control center with touch screen control can be used unchanged, but also as a basis for own further developments.